October 2nd 2017
BASSETERRE, St. Kitts – Bad news for cruise ship stakeholders in St. Kitts.
With the official start of the 2017/2018 cruise ship season on Sunday, October 1st, two Carnival cruise ships scheduled to visit St. Kitts’ Port Zante this week have cancelled their calls.
On Monday 2nd October the St. Kitts Tourism Authority said that Carnival Splendor has cancelled its call to Port Zante on Wednesday 4th October and the Carnival Fascination its call on Friday 6th October.
The authority said the Monarch will berth on Tuesday 3rd October.
Last week, Minister of Tourism Hon. Lindsay Grant said despite a number of cruise lines cancelling calls to St. Kitts due to the passage of recent hurricanes, it has not resulted in too big a loss for the local tourism sector.
According to Minster Grant, six calls were also cancelled in September.