Family and friends of a male commonly referred to as Gregory Collins are in shock after an early morning fire took his life.
Sometime around 3 am this morning, June 13, a swift moving blaze totally destroyed a mainly wooden structure that housed a small shop in the Douglas Estate area.
The man was trapped inside and witnesses spoke of hearing load screams, pleading for help, as the swift moving flames devoured the victim.
There is still lot of uncertainty as to what led to the fire and there are conflicting accounts as to what led the demise of the deceased.
Video footage being circulated on social media show a wild blaze that threatened nearby homes.
The Fire and Rescue Services were able to save the nearby structures from being burnt as well.
Police have confirmed the death of the man and have also indicated that investigations into the tragic fire are on-going.